1. PAYMENT.A deposit of US$500.00 per person is required for China Road Ltd. to secure your reservations with appropriate suppliers in China. The full balance of payments must generally be received by China Road Ltd. no later than ninety (90) calendar days before the commencement of your tour. Payment may be made by wire transfer or by check. A US$20 charge will be assessed on all returned checks. We regret that we cannot accept deposits or balances paid by credit cards.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS.Submission of your initial deposit shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. MAIN INCLUDED ITEMS.Unless otherwise specified, your package tour includes:
Overnight accommodations in China at 4-star or 5-star hotels, with all hotel tips covered
Three meals per day, including food and one beverage per meal (typically water, soft drinks or beer)
All admission tickets and tickets to included shows
Full time guide, plus local guides at specific cities; and
All air, water and land transportation required from your starting point to your ending point in China
4. MAIN EXCLUDED ITEMS.Your package tour price does not include:
Your air tickets and other costs of transportation to the starting point of your China Road itinerary, and your costs of returning home from the end point of that itinerary (although China Road is pleased to assist you with booking your airfare, especially if you wish to arrive at the starting city on the day before the tour when a CITS representative may be able to pick you up).
Hotel nights added at the beginning or end of a tour (according to preference)
Excess baggage fees charged at Chinese airports (allowances vary by airport)
Costs of alcoholic beverages other than beer served with scheduled meals
Costs to obtain a visa to visit China
Expenses for optional activities (e.g., bicycle rental, golf clubs, etc.)
Tips to Chinese guides, which are discretionary but much appreciated
Personal travel insurance (which is recommended)
Personal expenses such as spa services, laundry, baggage insurance, consumption from in-room mini-bars, internet access (if not included in hotel price), telephone charges, and any other items not specifically listed as included herein
All health and medical expenses, including without limitation any medical evacuation services
5. LIMITED LIABILITY.China Road Ltd. books your reservations through well established and respected travel agencies in China. While fully confident in the long and successful record of this agency, China Road Ltd. cannot guarantee that each tour will proceed without unexpected changes or difficulties. China Road Ltd. acts only as an agent of Chinese suppliers who provide means of transport, hotel accommodation, meals and/or other related travel services. China Road Ltd. assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury, damage, accident, loss, delay or annoyance resulting directly or indirectly from bad weather or other acts of God, strikes, epidemics, passenger health conditions, government action or regulation, civil disturbances, terrorism, thefts, late transportation, or other causes or events over which it has no reasonable control. China Road Ltd. reserves the right to make reasonable changes in your itinerary to promote your comfort and safety or to mitigate unforeseen problems affecting your journey. Details of sightseeing schedules in each city are customarily finalized upon arriving at that city and coordinating with local guides in that place. When traveling by air, water or land in China, your contract is only with the relevant carrier, and China Road Ltd. shall not be responsible for any delays, substitutions of equipment, or other problems caused by such a carrier, and you release China Road Ltd. and its staff from any claim attributable to such a carrier. China Road Ltd. shall not be responsible for costs incurred by any passenger who may be detained in China for health reasons, legal reasons, or any other cause beyond the control of China Road Ltd.
6. HEALTH.China Road Ltd. has confidence that your guides will be trained to assist you in obtaining special medical assistance if you request it during your tour in China. Each passenger is responsible, however, for his own costs of any required treatments and medicines and potential evacuation for medical reasons, and China Road Ltd. recommends that its passengers check their personal insurance coverage to determine the extent of its applicability in China. China Road Ltd. also strongly recommends that each passenger should undergo a regular health examination before traveling, to ascertain whether a trip to China would pose any excessive risk. Customers should also be aware that China may prohibit entry by foreigners who suffer from venereal disease, leprosy, pulmonary tuberculosis or other infectious diseases. If you disclose specific dietary restrictions when you book your reservations, China Road Ltd. will ask its suppliers to accommodate you so far as reasonably possible. China Road Ltd. shall not, however, be liable for the failure or inability of any supplier to provide foods to suit restrictive diets.
7. TRAVELER RESPONSIBILITIES.Each tour participant owes certain basic obligations to fellow tour members and to China Road Ltd. These include obligations to act in an appropriate and respectful manner in accordance with the customs of China. Members who persist in violating this obligation or in endangering other members of the tour group may be asked to leave the trip.
8. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY.China Road Ltd. reserves the right to withdraw any tour or any part of it, and to refuse to accept or retain any tour member for any reason whatsoever. When fewer than 10 people book an advertised package tour, China Road Ltd. also reserves the right to assess an additional charge (up to US$500 per person) because fixed guide services and bus transportation costs are being shared by a smaller group. As to cancellations by a passenger, the following policy applies. Upon receiving written notice of cancellation no later than 60 days before the first day of your tour, China Road Ltd. will refund your full deposit, except for a processing fee of US$100 per person. Upon receiving notice of cancellation between 59 and 30 calendar days before the first day of your tour, China Road Ltd. can typically refund 50% of your deposit. Passengers shall not be entitled to any refund for notices of cancellation received less than 30 days before the first day of your trip. Neither shall any passenger later receive any refund for unused rooms, meals or sightseeing trips. China Road Ltd. recommends that its passengers consider purchasing their own travel insurance to provide against their possible need to cancel for medical or other personal reasons.
9. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS.China currently requires a valid passport with a tourist visa that you must purchase before you travel. If your itinerary includes more than one entry into China, a multiple entry visa will be required. It may be required that your passport remains valid at least six (6) months beyond the date of your arrival in China. If you have difficulty using the consulate links that we provide on this Website, China Road Ltd. can help you obtain the application form and information that you need to obtain your visa. It is prudent to apply for your visa at least a month before you depart, and China Road Ltd. can accept no liability for travel that is delayed or precluded by your lack of appropriate travel documents. At this time, China does not require health certificates for foreign visitors. If such requirements are imposed, however, each passenger will be responsible for compliance.